Student founders are a crucial component of a healthy startup ecosystem, and 36|86 is excited to host the inaugural Student Edition on June 4, 2017. The day-long event celebrates student entrepreneurship with programming tailored to the unique needs of young founders interested in taking an idea to market or growing an existing business.
Catch a student pitch competition for $60,000 in total prizes, a fireside chat with inspiring names in student entrepreneurship and a networking reception with corporate partners, investors, potential mentors and more.
15 Winners of University Partner Competitions will be chosen to compete in one of five categories:
- Commercialized technology developed out of university- or laboratory-based research (such as medical devices or ag tech)
- Software or application (such as SaaS /CRM products, apps)
- Consumer goods and services (such as a brick-and-mortar bakery or cleaning service)
- Social enterprise that could be categorized as 501c3 not-for-profit or B-corp (such as Warby Parker or Nisolo)
- Idea stage, with no existing prototype
To be eligible to compete in Student Edition, students must have participated in a University Partner Competition at their school or in Launch Tennessee’s University Venture Challenge. Contact email@example.com to find out if your school has an upcoming competition.